IPTV uses a so-called IP protocol. So you don’t watch television in the traditional way, where normally the television signal is received by, for example, COAX cables or fiber optics.
Almost everyone has a TV at home and is content to watch their favorite channels. Today there are many different ways to watch TV. In the past we could only watch TV via a COAX cable and were limited to a few channels, today much more is possible. You can now also watch TV via an iptv box. In this blog you will be informed about this phenomenon. Who knows, this form of watching TV might be something for you.
Advantages of using IPTV
IPTV offers many advantages over other ways of watching TV. With an IPTV you have all the possibilities of a smartphone on your television. The main advantages of IPTV are as follows:
- Image quality, currently an internet connection is the fastest connection to send and receive high amounts of data. Because IPTV uses your internet connection, the image quality is considerably better than other forms of TV reception. IPTV transmitters and receivers have at least 1080P or 4K image quality.
- Stable and reliable. An internet connection is more stable and reliable than, for example, satellite or cable connections. The signal remains sharp and stable as long as you are connected to the internet.
- Interactive TV, IPTV has an extensive catalog of movies and TV series for you to choose from. With IPTV you can record programs or movies and watch them later. Make sure that there is sufficient storage space available. In addition, you can pause, rewind or watch live broadcasts.
- Smart TV possibilities, via your IPTV connection you can use the google play store. You can use this playstore to download all applications that you can also use on your phone or tablet. Watch social media, watch a video on YouTube or play the best games with the possibilities of IPTV.
Sounds very interesting right?, but most people won’t know what it is exactly. What it actually means is that you are able to watch thousands of channels via one subscription via this media box or any device with an IPTV application. That is a lot more than through the traditional way of watching TV. With this media box you are able to receive both national and international channels.
Types of IPTV Services
Here are some popular types of IPTV services.
- Video on Demand (VoD)
The Video on Demand service allows you to watch your favorite TV shows and movies whenever you want to. this can be compared to services like HULU, Disney+, Netflix & Amazon Prime
- TV on Demand
This IPTV option is where you have to pay for each TV show and movie. Most of these options allow you to pay for each episode you are interested in or pay for the whole season.
The Google Play Store and Apple iTunes are examples of TV on Demand IPTV services.
- Live Television
There are IPTV services where you can watch live events including award shows and sporting events. This content is broadcasted over the internet instead of traditional cable.
Devices that work with IPTV services
IPTV services can work with a variety of devices including computers, smart TVs, mobile phones, tablets, and more. You can also use internet TV sticks and boxes for IPTV services.
These internet TV sticks and boxes are small digital media players that are easy to setup and use with your favorite IPTV services.
Here is a list of popular internet TV sticks and boxes
- Amazon Fire TV stick
- Now TV Smart Stick
- Roku Streaming Stick
- Apple TV
- Chromecast with Google TV